AANA’S MARKETING DIVIDENDS AWARDED TOP HONOURS FOR MARKETING INDUSTRY LEADERSHIP
We are proud to share the news that on 18 March 2015, the AANA won the top award, the President’s Award for “Outstanding Leadership in the Marketing Industry” at the World Federation of Advertisers’ (WFA) Global Marketer Week in Marrakech. Marketing Dividends, the initiative that secured the prestigious award for the AANA was also recognised for its innovation and scalability. AANA’s Director of Policy and Regulatory, Simone Brandon, was in Marrakech to accept the President’s Award which is awarded every two years.
The TV series Marketing Dividends is a joint initiative between the AANA and MEC Global and was produced in partnership with MCN and Sky News. The AANA created the series to help elevate the profession by creating a better understanding of the crucial role it plays in delivering sustainable growth for companies. The first series highlighted the broadening remit of marketing within many leading companies with some of Australia’s leading marketers sharing insights and case histories.
“Everyone at the AANA is so delighted to receive this award, it means so much to us that our international peers acknowledge and embrace the work we are doing to elevate the profession. I’d like to thank everyone who contributed to the initiative. Scalability was a key criteria for the award and we are very proud that several other countries are planning to follow our lead. Back in Australia, series two is now in development and we look forward to sharing it with you soon,” Ms Sunita Gloster, the AANA’s CEO said.
The AANA members who contributed their stories to help prove the value of marketing are:
- Mark Reinke, Group Executive Customer, Data and Marketing – Suncorp Group
- David Scribner, Head of Virgin Mobile Australia
- Matt Tapper, National Marketing Director – Lion
- Mark Lollback, Chief Marketing Officer – McDonald’s Corporation ANZ
- Sherilyn Shackell, Founder and CEO – The Marketing Academy
- Kevin Ramsdale, General Manager – Consumer Marketing – National Australia Bank
- Ed Smith, Executive Director Sales and Marketing – Foxtel
- Anastasia Barlas, Marketing Director ANZ – Kimberly-Clark
- Vittoria Shortt, Group Executive, Marketing and Strategy – Commonwealth Bank Australia
- John Broome, Marketing Director ANZ – Kellogg’s
- Inese Kingsmill, Director of Corporate Marketing – Telstra
- Amanda Banfield, Managing Director ANZ – Mondelēz International